For New Employees
Welcome to the City of El Monte!!!
We are pleased that you have chosen a career with the City of El Monte!
By joining us as a new employee, you will learn about City government, meet interesting people, and most importantly, make a difference in the City of El Monte community.
We would like to take time to welcome you and help make your transition to the City of El Monte as easy as possible. The following information is designed to provide an overview of information to assist in guiding you through the On-Boarding process.
First, please take note of the Upcoming dates for New Employee Orientation (PDF). As a new employee, your first day of employment will involve an engaged learning process, designed to provide immediate and important access to information to ensure a successful onboarding/orienting experience.
New Employee Orientation includes information related to:
- City of El Monte government structure
- Terms of Employment
- Employee Training and Development Opportunities
- Ethics and Values
- Risk Management and Safety
- Benefits and Insurance
- Statutory Programs and Policies
- Performance Expectations
On your first day of employment; for your New Employee Orientation, please bring:
- Dependent Information (Name, Social Security Number, DateOf Birth, Address)
- Employee's enrolling family members in City sponsored benefits are required to bring applicable documentation to establish eligibility: Marriage License, Birth Certificate).
- Any questions relative to the Onboarding process, etc.
Should you have any questions relative to joining our team, please do hesitate to contact the Human Resources/Risk Management Department.