City Clerk's Office
The City Clerk is elected to a four (4) year term. The City Clerk works with the Chief Deputy City Clerk/Records Manager and other City Clerk staff, who are responsible for the day-to-day operations of the City Clerk's Office.
The City Clerk's Office is entrusted with ensuring that the legislative process in the City of El Monte is both open and public as it relates to City Elections, City Council meetings and Commission/Committee meetings.
The City Clerk's Office is responsible for:
- City Council meeting agenda preparation and distribution.
- Preparing official minutes.
- Maintaining all Ordinances, Resolutions, and other Official City Documents.
- Election administration.
- Administering Oaths.
- Maintaining the City of El Monte Municipal Code.
- Publication of legal and public notices.
- Respondents of Public Records Requests.
- Filing Officer for Fair Political Practices Commission.
- Filing Officer for Statement of Economic Interest.
The City Clerk's Office is responsible for accepting claims, summons and complaints, petitions, Election material, and other City related documents.
CITY CLERKS - ELECTIONS
Catherine A. Eredia
CHIEF Deputy City Clerk / Records Manager
DEPUTY CITY CLERK
- November 14, 2022 - Oversight Board Notice of Public Hearing UTH PSA Amendment
- Public Hearing Notice to Receive Comment Re Possible Change to District-Based Elections - Formation of Districts
- Urgency Ordinance No. 2998 - Hero Pay
- City of El Monte - Vacancy Application Packet
- Resolution No. 10151
- Resolution No. 10162
- Election Change Notice - SB 415 (PDF)
- Enterprise Systems List - SB272 (PDF)
- Ordinance No. 2885 (PDF)
- Resolution 9346 (PDF)
- El Monte - City Manager Agenda Draft